One of the most well-liked website builders for eCommerce business owners is WordPress. The tools you employ when selling online are just as crucial as the goods you produce. Your company’s success depends on selecting the best eCommerce plugins for WordPress because a superior platform offers greater room for expansion.
The top plugins in WordPress for Ecommerce for setting up, administering, and expanding your online business are compared in this article.
Things to Do Before Choosing the best WordPress Ecommerce plugins
The foundation of your WordPress website must be established before choosing the best WordPress plugins and extensions that will power it. The following elements are indisputable:
1. Webhosting for WordPress:
The greatest WordPress hosting you can afford is the first thing you’ll need because eCommerce websites require a lot of resources. Technically, you could get by with a cheap subscription, but since page speed is a key factor in a positive e-commerce experience and a ranking factor for Google, premium service is worthwhile. A reputable web host may also promise little to no downtime and adequate bandwidth to manage heavy traffic to ensure you never lose a transaction.
2. SSL certificate:
WordPress security is essential since, as was already mentioned, Ecommerce companies handle both financial and personal information. Data transferred between a web host and a web server is encrypted with an SSL certificate.
3. Selecting a relevant domain name:
This is yet another essential step. People will find you more easily if your domain name is pertinent to your services. Incorporate the main term for your business into the domain name.
Crucial factors while choosing the best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Payment Interface: Payment gateways ought to be supported by the plugin. Some plugins include extensions that let you add extra payment gateway choices.
- Business categories: Every WordPress eCommerce plugin may offer a range of business product kinds, including tangible things, digital downloads, and services. Some plugins support various product kinds, providing your WordPress business with more versatility.
- Addon alternatives: To your greatest advantage, choose an eCommerce plugin with a wide range of addons and supported plugins. You can create any style of eCommerce website you desire if your extra features are endless.
- Analytics: Analytical and report-generating tools are present in many WordPress eCommerce plugins. Your business’s performance can be monitored from the plugin dashboard.
- Convenience: An intuitive interface makes it simple to add a product, issue a voucher, or complete any other job. You will not have to spend time navigating to the appropriate section of your WordPress dashboard.
- Interweaving themes: A theme’s codebase and features may occasionally clash with a plugin. Compatibility won’t be a problem if you use an industry-recognized theme and plugin.
- Maintenance: You can rely on thorough instructions, a team of support staff, and a discussion board if you run into issues with the plugin.
Best WordPress Ecommerce Plugins
WooCommerce powers 20.4% of WordPress websites and is the most used WordPress e-commerce plugin for small to large business owners and online retailers. The main plugin’s eCommerce features allow you to build a fully functional online store and are a free source. For instance, WooCommerce enables you to integrate secure payment processors, specify delivery options, build bundled products, and much more.
- Stock and brand management
- Order processing
- Customer accounts
- Logistic administration
- Key information
- Processing coupons
- Internal analytics
- Very versatile
- WordPress ecommerce themescompatible
- Range of payment gateways
- Exceptional customer support includes knowledge bases, help desks, forums, and documentation.
Price: Free. Addons and extensions start from $6/month.
2. Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)
Easy Digital Downloads (known as EDD) offers a straightforward, user-friendly interface with all the tools you require to sell your digital goods on WordPress quickly. The design is significantly cleaner and includes additional digital sales tools like the ability to sell things like ebooks, audiobooks, and other PDF files.
- User-friendly ecommerce plugin, even for newcomers and novice users.
- It supports analog and digital goods. Alternatively, you can include both product categories in a single listing.
- Support for plugin-specific themes in addition to nearly every WordPress theme.
- Offers first-rate customer support via forums, videos, tutorials, and an IRC chatroom.
- Tools exist for mailing lists, refund tracking, affiliate marketing, and other tasks.
- The option to include extras from the Extension Library’s huge selection of extensions for facilitating digital business.
- Internal analytics.
Price: Free, with a subscription starting from $99.50/year.
3. Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart
Ecwid is a WordPress online store plugin that features a strong and straightforward shopping cart solution that enables you to sell goods globally with over 40 international payment choices via online storefronts integrated with various platforms and websites. Therefore, if you are a business owner who wishes to connect your WordPress store with several social media networks to sell through many channels, this plugin is for you. The plugin imports all dashboard and settings panels into WordPress, including those for product administration, sales channels, and payment configuration.
- Facebook augmentation
- iOS and Android users can download a free mobile app.
- Cart saver was not used.
- Social networking tools
- Support for 45 languages
- Integrating real-time shipping
- A total of 40 secure payment methods.
- Computer-assisted tax calculations
- Google Shopping assistance.
Price: Free, with a subscription starting from $15/month.
4. WP EasyCart Shopping Cart and eCommerce Store
Small company owners who wish to build a stunning online store quickly and easily may do it with WP EasyCartWordPress online store plugin. You may sell tangible objects, subscriptions, digital goods, gift cards, donations, services, and more using this WordPress e-commerce plugin. This implies that you may manage orders, process taxes, and collect payments with this WordPress shop plugin. Additionally, you may examine order details in one spot and make shipping remarks.
- Offers numerous digital payment alternatives (Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Microsoft Pay)
- Support for several currencies and languages
- There are options for international taxes.
- Google Analytics built-in
- Ad tracking is provided.
- Comes with a thorough report detailing the performance of your store.
Price: Free, with a subscription starting from $69/year.
5. BigCommerce WordPress Plugin
BigCommerce is a fully hosted eCommerce on the WordPress platform that easily connects with it. Using a flexible eCommerce platform and WordPress to manage your content and administer your website allows you to sell through several channels and marketplaces from a single location. It automatically creates the login, shopping cart, account, and other crucial pages for you. Large brands that understand the importance of content marketing and need access to a top-tier eCommerce platform should use this plugin.
- Enabled support for AMP.
- Powerful integrated analytics
- A single management interface for various sites.
- A checkout process that is PCI compliant.
- Risk-free online retailer
- A stand-alone backend system.
- Organize a lot of orders and produce a lot of catalogs.
Price: Free, with a subscription starting from $29.95/month.
6. WP Shopify
An attempt to combine Shopify with WordPress led to the development of the WP Shopify WordPress plugin. It is among the best WordPress e-commerce plugins for integrating, synchronizing, and selling Shopify products on your WordPress website. Think of the backend as Shopify and the frontend as WordPress. With WordPress automatically updated, you can manage your store using Shopify’s user-friendly interface (add products, process orders, etc.).
- Pay attention to trends in sales and expansion.
- Foreign exchange and tax support
- Built-in Shopify button
- There is a cart and checkout.
- Link native WordPress website content to Shopify items.
- Shortcodes for modifying the information below products as well as their appearance.
Price: Free, with a Shopify subscription starting from $9/month.
Create a paid membership website with MemberPress, a WordPress plugin. It allows you to market digital goods and services with a subscription model. It’s the top WordPress membership plugin and offers many integration possibilities, including WooCommerce integration. Thanks to the limitless number of available access rules, you can limit access to pages, articles, and other content based on membership level. Along with selling products in a subscription economy, it enables you to build forums and social groups on your online store. Additionally, you can make, manage, and sell online courses with the built-in MemberPress Courses addon.
- Membership cancellation and automated billing system.
- The addon library has a sizable number of extra features.
- Unrestricted access policies to control members’ access to content.
- A custom post type is used on the pricing page.
- Create different membership tiers.
- Track and control subscriptions.
- Establish connections with well-known marketing platforms.
- Supports various membership pricing schemes.
Price: It starts at $179/year.
Tidio is a straightforward live chat plugin for any WordPress website. It offers a drag-and-drop visual builder for building chatbots from scratch without using any code. You may actively increase the number of leads and sales coming from your website through a pop-up widget.
- Online conversation.
- Conversational AI applications
- Relations (Instagram, WhatsApp, Zapier).
- Available on mobile devices.
- Use of a current page views list.
- A typing preview is offered in real-time.
- Quick replies are possible.
Price: Free, with an introductory price starting from $19/month.
9. Site Reviews
Similar to TripAdvisor or Trivago, Site Reviews lets users post reviews with a 1–5 star rating on your e-commerce website. The plugin comes with blocks, shortcodes, widgets, and extensive documentation.
- Reviews are given to different categories, pages, users, etc.
- An integrated CSV importer for adding reviews from outside sources.
- The capability to ban review submissions, including particular terms, phrases, emails, etc.
- A notification email is provided when a review is filed.
- The capacity for reviews to have written responses.
Price: Free, with an introductory price starting from $89/year.
Suppose you want your eCommerce platform to include a contact form. If not, try MetForm. You can utilize and customize several contact forms as a result. Any contact form, including personalized subscription forms, may now be easily created with MetForm.
- Shortcodes and the drag-and-drop tool make customization simple.
- Manage several contact forms.
- Easy connection with additional plugins
- An email alert to administrators.
- Saved entries in the admin panel
- Exporting CSV entries is possible.
- Redirect after filling out a successful form
- Limit Complete Entries.
- Support for multiple languages.
Price: Starts from $39/year.
WordPress was created as a blogging platform first and foremost. It has had enormous success by extending its use beyond blogs to more intricate websites like e-commerce stores. WordPress makes the content management system to run an online store simple for Ecommerce plugins. Although these plugins are useful for Ecommerce sites, choosing the ideal one for your business might be challenging. Each Ecommerce plugin has a unique set of added functionalities. There will be numerous specialized site-building plugins if there are different types of online retailers. All the options mentioned above, both paid and unpaid, will help you rapidly launch a successful internet store.